Prompt messaging service Telegram on Friday (April 24) stated that it has reached 400 million month-to-month energetic customers, up from 300 million energetic customers a yr in the past.
Telegram – based by Pavel Durov – stated it provides about 1.5 million customers every day and is essentially the most downloaded social media app in round 20 nations.
“Every single day at the least 1.5 million new customers join Telegram. Options like folders, cloud storage and desktop help make Telegram ultimate for distant work and research through the quarantine. It is no marvel Telegram is the #1 most downloaded social media utility in over 20 nations – individuals all around the world are switching to Telegram at an accelerating tempo,” Telegram stated in a weblog publish.
Telegram additionally revealed that it growing a safe video name function for its customers similar to Zoom and Houseparty. Telegram, which is headquartered in Dubai, nevertheless, refused to touch upon the way forward for its Gram cryptocurrency pockets and TON Blockchain.
Some highlights of Telegram:
All-New Attachment Menu
• Rapidly swap between totally different attachment varieties within the totally redesigned attachment menu with animated icons.
• Entry a catalog of over 20,000 stickers made by skilled artists from the up to date Sticker Panel by tapping the ‘+’ icon.
• Use sticker search to search out the stickers you are on the lookout for – or scroll from the most recent packs all the best way to the classics.
• Add explanations that seem after customers reply to a quiz query.
• See how a lot time you have got left to reply a query from @QuizBot with the brand new countdown animation.
Quiz Creator Contest
• Take part in Telegram’s €400,000 contest through the use of @QuizBot to create and publish an academic take a look at on any topic.
• Ship a single dart emoji to see if you happen to hit the bullseye.